
Thoughts of you, and how you’ve changed me, fill my mind. Without you where would I be.?” (Barlowgirl) Have you ever thought about all that God has done for you? If you think about all that he went through on the cross alone, you would have a great reason to thank him, praise him, and bring him glory. In Psalm 96, the psalmist speaks of all the ways that God deserves to be praised. “Sing a new song to the Lord! Let the whole earth sing to the Lord! Sing to the Lord; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!” (1-4) God deserves our praise and so much more for all that he has done for us. Praise and thankfulness towards God should overflow from us like a river that never ceases. When we take the time to tell others about what God has done for us, lives are changed. When I sit and think about what God has done for me, my heart is filled with joy and thankfulness because he rescued me out of the pit and set my feet on solid ground. He filled my life with peace and hope. I have overwhelming reasons to thank him and praise him. “How can I keep from singing Your praise? How can I ever say enough? How amazing is your love! How can I keep from shouting your name? I know I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing!” (Chris Tomlin) “For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies, for the love which from our birth over and around us lies; Lord of all to thee we raise, this our hymn of grateful praise!” Take some time today to think about all that God has done for you and don’t be surprised if it makes your heart want to sing!
No comments:
Post a Comment