
In Psalm 82, Asaph was struggling with the fact that there were judges that were being unfair and favoring the wicked. They were ignoring the poor and the oppressed in the process. These judges were forgetting that one day, they too would be judged in the presence of God. “How long will you hand down unjust decisions by favoring the wicked? Give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute.” (2-3) It can be very frustrating to see the “bad guys” win, especially when you are struggling. I know this to be true in my own life. I have been very frustrated at times because I have seen those around me who do not know God prosper while I struggle to get by. It is a difficult place to be. It is during these times, that if my success in life were to be weighed by the world’s standards, I would be failing miserably. Thankfully, I am not measured by the standards that this world lays forth, but by the standards God has placed on my life. This means that while I have made mistakes in my life, I am not a failure. I am forgiven by the grace and mercy of God and given another chance. The same is true for you. The more we turn away from sin and towards God, the more successful we are. God is the ultimate judge and he is a just judge, which means he is fair and compassionate. Even though you may see people who do not know God prosper in this life, it doesn’t mean that they are better off than you. Only God knows the condition of each and every person’s heart and one day everyone will be held accountable for how they lived their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment