
We can find such a great source of joy, strength and peace in the presence of the Lord and so much more. That’s what the psalmist was expressing in Psalm 84. “How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God… A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else!” (1-2, 10) The psalmist had a deep desire to be in the presence of God. He longed to be in the presence of God passionately, as if nothing in this life was more important to him, but to be in the presence of his Father God. Shouldn’t we also have this same desire? I have to ask myself whether or not I have that great of a passion to be in the presence of God. Have you asked yourself that same question? Father God, burn within us an unquenchable fire and desire for your presence so that we too may exclaim joyfully and wholeheartedly, “Oh how I long for your presence! There is nothing I want more than to be in the presence of the Lord!” Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment