
“Lord, you are mine! (You are my portion!) I promise to obey your words! With all my heart I want your blessings. (I have sought your face with all my heart…) Be merciful as you promised. I pondered the direction of my life, (I have considered my ways) and I turned to follow your laws. I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands. Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to your instructions. I rise at midnight to thank you for your just regulations. I am a friend to anyone who fears you— anyone who obeys your commandments. O Lord, your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me your decrees.” (Psalm 119:57-65 NLT (NIV))
My favorite verse of Amazing Grace goes like this; “The Lord has promised good to me. His Word my hope secures. He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures.” I love this verse for many reasons first because it reminds me of God’s promises to me, it reminds me that I can find hope in his Word and it reminds me that God is my protector. It also reminds me that God is my portion. Did you know that saying something is a portion, means it is enough? When you look at that in the context of saying, “God is my portion” what you are really saying, then, is that God is enough and that you don’t need anything else, if you have God. There is so much truth in that! God is definitely provider. He takes care of our every need. If God is our portion, then we call on him for every need. If God is indeed my portion and all that I need, then I will seek him with all my heart. I will be devoted to him. I will delight in him. I will make time for him and his Word. I will look at the direction in which my life is going in and make sure I am on the path that he has provided for me. If I am not, then I am turning around and running from those very things that keep me from being devoted to God. Then when I am on the right path, I choose to stay on it at all costs, forsaking all others and choosing instead to follow the one I love and the one whose love and devotion to me cost him everything. If God is my portion and all that I need, then I would be willing to allow him to seek out the very things that I have buried deep within me, those lies that I have chosen to hold onto for one reason or another - that keep me from really living for him, and I would allow him to expose them all in the light of his grace, mercy and love. I would then allow him to replace all of those lies with the truth that is found in his Word and I would choose to walk in it! I would let him transform me from the inside out! If I am unwilling to do this, then how can I ever expect transformation to occur? God’s love for me and for you is infinite. It is unfailing, which means it will never disappoint us or let us down. He never ceases to provide for me all that I need. Shouldn’t all of this warrant my total devotion to Him? Shouldn’t all of this warrant your total devotion to Him?
“Father God, you are awesome and mighty. You are my portion. If I have you then I need nothing else. Help me to depend on you. Help me to be devoted to you. I want to seek your face wholeheartedly. Expose anything within me that is keeping me from being totally devoted to you and your ways. Bring it out into the light of your grace, mercy, and love so that I can turn and run towards your ways. Transform me from the inside out and help me be who you created me to be. Help me to walk in the light of your love. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.”
My favorite verse of Amazing Grace goes like this; “The Lord has promised good to me. His Word my hope secures. He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures.” I love this verse for many reasons first because it reminds me of God’s promises to me, it reminds me that I can find hope in his Word and it reminds me that God is my protector. It also reminds me that God is my portion. Did you know that saying something is a portion, means it is enough? When you look at that in the context of saying, “God is my portion” what you are really saying, then, is that God is enough and that you don’t need anything else, if you have God. There is so much truth in that! God is definitely provider. He takes care of our every need. If God is our portion, then we call on him for every need. If God is indeed my portion and all that I need, then I will seek him with all my heart. I will be devoted to him. I will delight in him. I will make time for him and his Word. I will look at the direction in which my life is going in and make sure I am on the path that he has provided for me. If I am not, then I am turning around and running from those very things that keep me from being devoted to God. Then when I am on the right path, I choose to stay on it at all costs, forsaking all others and choosing instead to follow the one I love and the one whose love and devotion to me cost him everything. If God is my portion and all that I need, then I would be willing to allow him to seek out the very things that I have buried deep within me, those lies that I have chosen to hold onto for one reason or another - that keep me from really living for him, and I would allow him to expose them all in the light of his grace, mercy and love. I would then allow him to replace all of those lies with the truth that is found in his Word and I would choose to walk in it! I would let him transform me from the inside out! If I am unwilling to do this, then how can I ever expect transformation to occur? God’s love for me and for you is infinite. It is unfailing, which means it will never disappoint us or let us down. He never ceases to provide for me all that I need. Shouldn’t all of this warrant my total devotion to Him? Shouldn’t all of this warrant your total devotion to Him?
“Father God, you are awesome and mighty. You are my portion. If I have you then I need nothing else. Help me to depend on you. Help me to be devoted to you. I want to seek your face wholeheartedly. Expose anything within me that is keeping me from being totally devoted to you and your ways. Bring it out into the light of your grace, mercy, and love so that I can turn and run towards your ways. Transform me from the inside out and help me be who you created me to be. Help me to walk in the light of your love. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.”
No comments:
Post a Comment