
“Don’t leave me to the mercy of my enemies, for I have done what is just and right. Please guarantee a blessing for me. Don’t let the arrogant oppress me! My eyes strain to see your rescue, to see the truth of your promise fulfilled. I am your servant; deal with me in unfailing love, and teach me your decrees. Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your laws. Lord, it is time for you to act, for these evil people have violated your instructions. Truly, I love your commands more than gold, even the finest gold. Each of your commandments is right. That is why I hate every false way.” (Psalm 119:121-128)
Waiting is difficult in general, but especially when you are struggling to see the promises of God fulfilled. When I was struggling with finding a new job after just losing one, I had such a difficult time when people would quote to me Jeremiah 29:11. It spoke about God having a plan for me, a plan to prosper me and not to harm me – to give me hope and a future… I can honestly say, I was frustrated with waiting to see the plan that God had for me but it was not because God wasn’t showing me a plan, it was because things weren’t happening like I had wanted them to. I was straining to see God’s rescue of me out of the depths of all that I was going through. It was hard to see his promised plan for me. I realized after all of my frustration had come to the surface, that the reason I was not seeing God’s promised plan for me was because I was not seeking him with everything that I had. In some ways, I had given up because I wasn’t seeing what I wanted to happen. God had used my very frustration with not seeing his truth and his plan amidst the chaos that was my life to show me that I was only frustrated because I was not getting my way. My eyes were open to the fact that I was like a little kid who was throwing a fit for not getting my way. I wanted the candy in the store and I was not getting it, so I was going to be frustrated and pout off in the corner, when God was with me the whole time trying to get me to see that it was Him I needed to seek not my own plans, but His. I wasn’t seeing his plans for me because I wasn’t looking for them. I was focusing on my own and the un-fulfillment of my own. I wasn’t listening to the still small voice of God that was as loud as a gong in my life because I was paying more attention to what I wanted for my life, instead of what God wanted for me. I needed to stop and listen to what God was saying to me. I needed to crack open the Word and breathe in the life I was missing. I have to wonder if the psalmist was straining to see God’s rescue of him and the truth of God’s promises because what he was seeing played out in his life was not what he wanted to see. Have you ever been there? Have you ever struggled to see why something was happening in your life? Have you ever wondered what God’s plan was for you? Have you ever thought that maybe you were struggling to see it because it wasn’t what you wanted? God’s plan for each and every one of us is perfect, can you see that? If not, perhaps it’s time to set aside the plans that you have for your life and ask God to show you His.
Waiting is difficult in general, but especially when you are struggling to see the promises of God fulfilled. When I was struggling with finding a new job after just losing one, I had such a difficult time when people would quote to me Jeremiah 29:11. It spoke about God having a plan for me, a plan to prosper me and not to harm me – to give me hope and a future… I can honestly say, I was frustrated with waiting to see the plan that God had for me but it was not because God wasn’t showing me a plan, it was because things weren’t happening like I had wanted them to. I was straining to see God’s rescue of me out of the depths of all that I was going through. It was hard to see his promised plan for me. I realized after all of my frustration had come to the surface, that the reason I was not seeing God’s promised plan for me was because I was not seeking him with everything that I had. In some ways, I had given up because I wasn’t seeing what I wanted to happen. God had used my very frustration with not seeing his truth and his plan amidst the chaos that was my life to show me that I was only frustrated because I was not getting my way. My eyes were open to the fact that I was like a little kid who was throwing a fit for not getting my way. I wanted the candy in the store and I was not getting it, so I was going to be frustrated and pout off in the corner, when God was with me the whole time trying to get me to see that it was Him I needed to seek not my own plans, but His. I wasn’t seeing his plans for me because I wasn’t looking for them. I was focusing on my own and the un-fulfillment of my own. I wasn’t listening to the still small voice of God that was as loud as a gong in my life because I was paying more attention to what I wanted for my life, instead of what God wanted for me. I needed to stop and listen to what God was saying to me. I needed to crack open the Word and breathe in the life I was missing. I have to wonder if the psalmist was straining to see God’s rescue of him and the truth of God’s promises because what he was seeing played out in his life was not what he wanted to see. Have you ever been there? Have you ever struggled to see why something was happening in your life? Have you ever wondered what God’s plan was for you? Have you ever thought that maybe you were struggling to see it because it wasn’t what you wanted? God’s plan for each and every one of us is perfect, can you see that? If not, perhaps it’s time to set aside the plans that you have for your life and ask God to show you His.
No comments:
Post a Comment