
O Lord, you are righteous, and your regulations are fair. Your laws are perfect and completely trustworthy. I am overwhelmed with indignation, for my enemies have disregarded your words. Your promises have been thoroughly tested; that is why I love them so much. I am insignificant and despised, but I don’t forget your commandments. Your justice is eternal, and your instructions are perfectly true. As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. Your laws are always right; help me to understand them so I may live.” (Psalm 119:137-144)
As I mentioned many times before, and as I am sure you are fully aware, life can get pretty difficult sometimes. Psalm 119:143 says, “As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.” I just love this! The psalmist is speaking of the hope and the joy that he finds in the truth of God’s Word. When life gets difficult, and when his circumstances seem bleak, he knows that God’s Word is there to shed light on them and this brings him great joy! He is grateful to have the very Word of God right in front of him to help him combat the very things that threaten to bring him down and take his life. Even when the world is crumbling around him, he still has the hope and truth of the Word of God to shine light on his circumstances and to guide his feet in the direction they should go. We have the very same thing at our disposal! We choose each and every day to listen to what the Word of God says, or to ignore the Word all together. The psalmist made a chose to greatly value the Word of God and it has proven to be a firm foundation on which he can stand up against the things that threaten to take him down. He can walk tall when times are tough because he trusts in God and his Word. He desires to understand God’s Word completely because he knows that it brings life! What have you chosen to do with the Word of God? Have you chosen life?
As I mentioned many times before, and as I am sure you are fully aware, life can get pretty difficult sometimes. Psalm 119:143 says, “As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.” I just love this! The psalmist is speaking of the hope and the joy that he finds in the truth of God’s Word. When life gets difficult, and when his circumstances seem bleak, he knows that God’s Word is there to shed light on them and this brings him great joy! He is grateful to have the very Word of God right in front of him to help him combat the very things that threaten to bring him down and take his life. Even when the world is crumbling around him, he still has the hope and truth of the Word of God to shine light on his circumstances and to guide his feet in the direction they should go. We have the very same thing at our disposal! We choose each and every day to listen to what the Word of God says, or to ignore the Word all together. The psalmist made a chose to greatly value the Word of God and it has proven to be a firm foundation on which he can stand up against the things that threaten to take him down. He can walk tall when times are tough because he trusts in God and his Word. He desires to understand God’s Word completely because he knows that it brings life! What have you chosen to do with the Word of God? Have you chosen life?
No comments:
Post a Comment