Saturday, June 4, 2011

Putting Your Hope in the Word



“You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word. I know, O Lord, that your regulations are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it. Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are my delight. Bring disgrace upon the arrogant people who lied about me; meanwhile, I will concentrate on your commandments. Let me be united with all who fear you, with those who know your laws. May I be blameless in keeping your decrees; then I will never be ashamed.” (Psalm 119:73-80)

God has made me just the way I am for a reason and he continues to make me into who he has ultimately designed me to be. There really hasn’t been much of my transformation that has been easy. I’ve fallen, and messed up, and failed, but God in his infinite grace has picked me back up each time. He has disciplined me in love because I needed it to get my focus off myself and my circumstances and back on God who loves me and cherishes me infinitely more than I could ever imagine. God’s love for me has comforted me when I needed to be comforted and it provides for me the very reason for my existence – to love, follow, and worship God at all costs. God’s grace and mercy has been poured out on me so that I can live for Him. Wouldn’t it then make sense that I would then pick up the very instruction manual He has given to me to learn what it is I am supposed to do in order to love, follow, and worship Him at all costs? The very same goes for you as well, If you were to read the paragraph I just wrote, substituting your name and your life, it would definitely apply to you as well. To put your hope in something means to rely and depend on it. Have you put your hope in God? How about His Word? Do you delight in God and His Word? As I sit here and type I am asking myself those very same questions. Take a moment to think about it and to ask God if you truly do hope and delight in Him and his Word.

“Father God, thank you for your mercy and your grace that you have freely bestowed upon me and thank you for your Word, which supplies for me the instructions I need to love, follow, and worship you at all costs. Help me to place all of my hope in you and your Word. I desire to delight in you and your Word for you are valuable to me. I thank you and I praise you Father, In Jesus precious name I pray, Amen.”

No comments: