
“Your eternal word, O Lord, stands firm in heaven. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created. Your regulations remain true to this day, for everything serves your plans. If your instructions hadn’t sustained me with joy, I would have died in my misery. I will never forget your commandments, for by them you give me life. I am yours; rescue me! For I have worked hard at obeying your commandments. Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me, I will quietly keep my mind on your laws. Even perfection has its limits, but your commands have no limit.” (Psalm 119:89-96)
Right when I was in the thick of things, I was struggling with knowing what on earth God was planning on doing in my life, but more importantly to me at the time, I was focusing on when God was going to be doing something, anything in my life to turn my situation around. To my, my situation seemed bleak, and hopeless. It seemed as if I would never get back to where I started from before I made a series of mistakes that caused my life to change drastically. Right when I read the above passage from Psalm 119, I was reminded of the very place I was when I realized the very truth that God is Sovereign. He is in control of every tiny aspect of my life (and yours). Everything works together in perfect harmony to complete the plans that God has designed for me and my life. Everything serves HIS plans. Now, I have made many, many plans for my life and let me tell you, none of them involved being where I am at right now, but you know what? His did. God has me exactly where he wants me and for a reason too! God’s plans and his ways are far beyond anything we could possibly come up with. There is hope in knowing that God has got my back and that he is with me no matter what I am going through – whether I continue on the path that he has provided for me, or whether I take a detour through the thorns and briars, God is ALWAYS with me. His Word and his promises provide for me, not only life, but hope and truth. Where ever I am at in life, if I continually keep my eyes on the one who painstakingly laid out each part of the path he means for me to travel on in this life, I will be victorious. Scripture provides for us a way to keep our focus on God in the midst of whatever circumstances may come our way. When is the last time you opened up the Word and found a wellspring of hope, truth and life? Take some time to read the special gift that God has given to you, take a deep breath in and soak up all the truth you can so that you will be better able to stay on the path that He has for your life.
Father God, Thank you for the great source of life and hope that you have placed before me. Help me to draw from it exactly what you want for me to see each and every time I come to your Word to be refreshed and renewed. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
Right when I was in the thick of things, I was struggling with knowing what on earth God was planning on doing in my life, but more importantly to me at the time, I was focusing on when God was going to be doing something, anything in my life to turn my situation around. To my, my situation seemed bleak, and hopeless. It seemed as if I would never get back to where I started from before I made a series of mistakes that caused my life to change drastically. Right when I read the above passage from Psalm 119, I was reminded of the very place I was when I realized the very truth that God is Sovereign. He is in control of every tiny aspect of my life (and yours). Everything works together in perfect harmony to complete the plans that God has designed for me and my life. Everything serves HIS plans. Now, I have made many, many plans for my life and let me tell you, none of them involved being where I am at right now, but you know what? His did. God has me exactly where he wants me and for a reason too! God’s plans and his ways are far beyond anything we could possibly come up with. There is hope in knowing that God has got my back and that he is with me no matter what I am going through – whether I continue on the path that he has provided for me, or whether I take a detour through the thorns and briars, God is ALWAYS with me. His Word and his promises provide for me, not only life, but hope and truth. Where ever I am at in life, if I continually keep my eyes on the one who painstakingly laid out each part of the path he means for me to travel on in this life, I will be victorious. Scripture provides for us a way to keep our focus on God in the midst of whatever circumstances may come our way. When is the last time you opened up the Word and found a wellspring of hope, truth and life? Take some time to read the special gift that God has given to you, take a deep breath in and soak up all the truth you can so that you will be better able to stay on the path that He has for your life.
Father God, Thank you for the great source of life and hope that you have placed before me. Help me to draw from it exactly what you want for me to see each and every time I come to your Word to be refreshed and renewed. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment