Going on an international mission trip changed the way I look at several things in my life, but it also changed the way I look at the Gospel. I had the opportunity last summer to go to Peru with a team from my church and I was blown away by the overwhelming willingness of the Peruvians to not only listen to the Gospel, but to receive the good news and gift of Jesus Christ. It was amazing to see so many people take hold of the life giving truth of the love, mercy, and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. Only God knows whether or not they truly embraced the gift that was offered to them, but the mere fact that I had the opportunity to share it with them and they were so receptive was just amazing to me. God is at work in Peru and all over the world. What an awesome experience to be able to worship God with people of a different language and culture and know that you are worshipping the very same God they are. When I read Psalm 67, I was reminded of my time in Peru and I was reminded that one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. What an Awesome God! “May your ways be known throughout the earth, your saving power among people everywhere. May the nations praise you, O God. Yes, may all the nations praise you. Let the whole world sing for joy, because you govern the nations with justice and guide the people of the whole world.” (2-4)
What is Lectio Divina?
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment