
“The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you” – Think about that for a moment. What does it mean? What power is it referring to? Often in life we are faced with challenging circumstances that seem insurmountable and completely overwhelming. Theses challenging circumstances can threaten to knock us down and can shake us to our very core and they usually wear us out. I’m sure you have thought of a challenging circumstance in your own life by now. I can think of a few of my own. I remember feeling completely helpless and powerless against what was coming my way. I felt as if I were a twig facing up against some fierce winds that would easily be able to snap me right in two. Feeling helpless and powerless is definitely a scary place to be, but remembering that God is on your side even in those situations will help you to stand tall, confident, and strong against whatever comes your way. In Psalm 76, Aspah recognizes the mighty power of God. “You are glorious and more majestic than the everlasting mountains. Out boldest enemies have been plundered. They lie before us in the sleep of death. No warrior could lift a hand against us. At the blast of your breath, O God of Jacob, their horses and chariots lay still.” (4-6) Wow! God is powerful enough to subdue and army of his enemies merely with his breath! God is most certainly bigger and more powerful than anything we could possibly face in life. Whatever we face (the task ahead of us) is never as great as the power of God behind us. “If God is on our side who can be against us? If God is on our side, we won’t be afraid. Though the mountains may fall and the sky will crumble, there ain’t nothing gonna stand in our way”
No comments:
Post a Comment