Life can get pretty frustrating when you are struggling to find answers in difficult times. It can be overwhelming. Sometimes, it feels as if one thing happens after another and there seems to be no end to it all. You can even feel trapped by your problems or your circumstances as well, feeling as if there is no way out of the chaos. It’s a scary place to be. I know because I’ve been there. I’ve been down to my last ounce of strength, holding on tightly to all that I believed in. I’ve seen many things in my life fall apart, unravel, and come to an end, but I have also seen many new opportunities and relationships come to light despite my circumstances. It is difficult to remember the good things that have blessed us in life when we are so completely surrounded by all the things that occupy our every waking thought and overwhelm us more and more each day. We want relief. We want to be rescued, for it all to be done and over with. That’s what I wanted. I wanted to be done, but God wasn’t finished with me and he still isn’t. God has been and is an active part of my life since the day he planned my existence. He has always been mindful of me. Life has definitely not been easy, but God has been there each and every step of the way. The same is true for you. Whether you choose to accept it or not, God has been with you from the very day he planned your existence and He will continue to be there. He knows everything about you. He sees all that you go through. He knows your pain. He loves you greatly, far more than you could ever imagine. No matter what you have been through or what you have done, Jesus is still there, waiting for you with open arms. In Psalm 68, David takes the time to write about some past, present, and future victories that God wins over his enemies. In doing this, David shows that God is ultimately victorious and triumphant over his enemies. To me, it shows just how reliable God really is. It shows how God was with the Israelites and David when they needed him. The fact that God is with you each and every step of the way, each and every day should be a great source of peace, comfort, and encouragement for you. It has been for me. “Praise the Lord! Praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms.” (19)
What is Lectio Divina?
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment