
“Lord, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Then I can answer those who taunt me, for I trust in your word. Do not snatch your word of truth from me, for your regulations are my only hope. I will keep on obeying your instructions forever and ever. I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. I will speak to kings about your laws, and I will not be ashamed. How I delight in your commands! How I love them! I honor and love your commands. I meditate on your decrees.” (Psalm 119:41-48)
The Bible is full of promises that God has made to those who believe in him. Those promises allow for hope in even the darkest circumstances. Throughout scripture, we are shown time and time again that God’s promises always prove true. The Word of God also provides hope in even the darkest circumstances. It is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths, showing us the way to walk in freedom. Hope is built on the grace of God and on the promises that He has made in scripture. The truth and freedom that is found in the Word of God should be a major part of our lives as believers. It should be written on our hearts, running through our thoughts, and ready on our lips. We should be armed with the Word, ready to denounce any lie or discouragement that comes our way. This is how we can walk in freedom. What an awesome thing it is to walk in freedom! Knowing that if God is for you, then no one can ever be against you and knowing that God is a God of truth, if he said it, he meant it, are just two ways to walk in freedom. Keeping the Word of God close to you is not only beneficial to you, but also to those around you. Have you ever had someone come to you who needed some encouragement? Well, how can you encourage someone without the Word of God ready on your lips, and in your thoughts, and in your heart? The Word of God is a light that penetrates the darkness and allows truth to shine through. The psalmist loved the Word of God and was always ready to use it not only for the purposes of God. Dispelling lies in his own life, so that he can walk in freedom and encouraging others with the Word, so that they could do the same. He was armed with the Word of God. Are you?
“Father God, how I love your Word! Help me to arm myself with it so that I will be able to walk in your freedom and walk in your truth. Father God I want your Word to be written on my heart, running through my thoughts, and ready on my lips so that I can denounce lies, encourage others, and bring Your hope to a world that truly needs it. In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen.”
The Bible is full of promises that God has made to those who believe in him. Those promises allow for hope in even the darkest circumstances. Throughout scripture, we are shown time and time again that God’s promises always prove true. The Word of God also provides hope in even the darkest circumstances. It is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths, showing us the way to walk in freedom. Hope is built on the grace of God and on the promises that He has made in scripture. The truth and freedom that is found in the Word of God should be a major part of our lives as believers. It should be written on our hearts, running through our thoughts, and ready on our lips. We should be armed with the Word, ready to denounce any lie or discouragement that comes our way. This is how we can walk in freedom. What an awesome thing it is to walk in freedom! Knowing that if God is for you, then no one can ever be against you and knowing that God is a God of truth, if he said it, he meant it, are just two ways to walk in freedom. Keeping the Word of God close to you is not only beneficial to you, but also to those around you. Have you ever had someone come to you who needed some encouragement? Well, how can you encourage someone without the Word of God ready on your lips, and in your thoughts, and in your heart? The Word of God is a light that penetrates the darkness and allows truth to shine through. The psalmist loved the Word of God and was always ready to use it not only for the purposes of God. Dispelling lies in his own life, so that he can walk in freedom and encouraging others with the Word, so that they could do the same. He was armed with the Word of God. Are you?
“Father God, how I love your Word! Help me to arm myself with it so that I will be able to walk in your freedom and walk in your truth. Father God I want your Word to be written on my heart, running through my thoughts, and ready on my lips so that I can denounce lies, encourage others, and bring Your hope to a world that truly needs it. In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen.”
No comments:
Post a Comment