
“For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.” (Hebrews 4:12-13)
Psalm 119 is all about the benefits of the Word of God. Just like the verse above in Hebrews says, the Word of God is powerful. It can cut through the lies in your life, exposing them for what they are and lead you into the marvelous light and life found in God’s truth. The truth that has the power to set you free from anything in your life that has held you captive and kept you in bondage to a life that is not honoring God. It all comes down to a choice. You have to consciously decide whether or not you will continue to walk in the lies that you’ve believed or decide to embrace the truth, believe the truth and walk in it forsaking all that you have believed before that. Psalm 119 is the longest book in the Bible and it is full of reasons why embracing the Word of God, and the truth and freedom found in it, is the path that God wants us all to walk on. Just a few years ago, I sat with my Bible for really the first time in my life and I was prepared to see just what truth God had in it for me. Yes, I had read the Bible before, but I had never realized how beneficial it really was. I hadn’t realized how powerful it really was and I only read it when I had to. I was walking in many lies that I had no idea I was walking in before the Word of God and the Holy Spirit shed some light in those dark corners of my heart. I had to make a choice that I wanted to be free from the lies, no matter what they were, so I could walk on the path that God had provided for me, keeping my eyes on him in the midst of whatever would come my way. It hasn’t been easy, these last few years, but God has provided so much truth for me to walk in and I have grown immensely. Before I get into Psalm 119 itself, if you have never consciously chosen to follow the way of truth, or maybe you’ve been away from it for a while, I ask that you take a few moments to think about what it really means to choose to walk in truth, and then when you are ready here is a prayer that can help to guide you in that direction.
“Lord God, this moment, I am choosing the way of truth. I want to set my heart on your laws. Help me chose the way of truth the rest of my days”
“So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it.” (Hebrews 2:1)
Psalm 119 is all about the benefits of the Word of God. Just like the verse above in Hebrews says, the Word of God is powerful. It can cut through the lies in your life, exposing them for what they are and lead you into the marvelous light and life found in God’s truth. The truth that has the power to set you free from anything in your life that has held you captive and kept you in bondage to a life that is not honoring God. It all comes down to a choice. You have to consciously decide whether or not you will continue to walk in the lies that you’ve believed or decide to embrace the truth, believe the truth and walk in it forsaking all that you have believed before that. Psalm 119 is the longest book in the Bible and it is full of reasons why embracing the Word of God, and the truth and freedom found in it, is the path that God wants us all to walk on. Just a few years ago, I sat with my Bible for really the first time in my life and I was prepared to see just what truth God had in it for me. Yes, I had read the Bible before, but I had never realized how beneficial it really was. I hadn’t realized how powerful it really was and I only read it when I had to. I was walking in many lies that I had no idea I was walking in before the Word of God and the Holy Spirit shed some light in those dark corners of my heart. I had to make a choice that I wanted to be free from the lies, no matter what they were, so I could walk on the path that God had provided for me, keeping my eyes on him in the midst of whatever would come my way. It hasn’t been easy, these last few years, but God has provided so much truth for me to walk in and I have grown immensely. Before I get into Psalm 119 itself, if you have never consciously chosen to follow the way of truth, or maybe you’ve been away from it for a while, I ask that you take a few moments to think about what it really means to choose to walk in truth, and then when you are ready here is a prayer that can help to guide you in that direction.
“Lord God, this moment, I am choosing the way of truth. I want to set my heart on your laws. Help me chose the way of truth the rest of my days”
“So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it.” (Hebrews 2:1)
No comments:
Post a Comment