
“Be good to your servant, that I may live and obey your word. Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions. I am only a foreigner in the land. Don’t hide your commands from me! I am always overwhelmed with a desire for your regulations. You rebuke the arrogant; those who wander from your commands are cursed. Don’t let them scorn and insult me, for I have obeyed your laws. Even princes sit and speak against me, but I will meditate on your decrees. Your laws please me; they give me wise advice.” (Psalm 119:17-24)
My bedroom is in the basement, and there are no windows, so when the lights are off, it is really dark. If I have to get up in the middle of the night, I find myself stumbling to get where I am going because of how dark it is. If you think about it, when you are blinded by the darkness in your life, you will find yourself stumbling around in life, trying to get where you are going and often tripping and falling in the process. God is light so, the Word of God is also light. The Word can shed light in the darkness allowing you to see clearly the truth. Like I mentioned before, the Word of God is a weapon against the lies of the enemy. When you find yourself stumbling around in the darkness, the Word of God can open your eyes to the truth and enable you to have firm footing. James 4:7 says, “So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” If you have the Word of God as your weapon and you have hidden it in your heart, meditated on it, and memorized it, you have the truth as a weapon against the lies of Satan. You can then resist him when he tries to tell you something that isn’t true about you, your circumstances, other people, and God himself. Satan will try every way possible to trip you up and make you fall flat on your face. By arming yourself with the Word, you are giving yourself the upper hand. The Word of God sustains life and brings obedience (17), it is truth (18), it offers guidance (19), it blesses us (21) and it grants us wisdom (24). Have you armed yourself with the Word of God lately?
“Lord God surely you desire truth in my innermost parts. You teach me wisdom in the inmost places Please expose to me the deeply embedded lies I’ve believed and help me replace them with the permanently engraved truth. O God, send forth your light and your truth to my life. Let them guide me. Let them bring me to Your Holy Mountain, to the place where you dwell Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind for your love is ever before me and I desire to walk continually in your truth. In Jesus name I pray. Amen” (see Psalm 26:2-3; Psalm 43:3; and Psalm 51:6)
My bedroom is in the basement, and there are no windows, so when the lights are off, it is really dark. If I have to get up in the middle of the night, I find myself stumbling to get where I am going because of how dark it is. If you think about it, when you are blinded by the darkness in your life, you will find yourself stumbling around in life, trying to get where you are going and often tripping and falling in the process. God is light so, the Word of God is also light. The Word can shed light in the darkness allowing you to see clearly the truth. Like I mentioned before, the Word of God is a weapon against the lies of the enemy. When you find yourself stumbling around in the darkness, the Word of God can open your eyes to the truth and enable you to have firm footing. James 4:7 says, “So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” If you have the Word of God as your weapon and you have hidden it in your heart, meditated on it, and memorized it, you have the truth as a weapon against the lies of Satan. You can then resist him when he tries to tell you something that isn’t true about you, your circumstances, other people, and God himself. Satan will try every way possible to trip you up and make you fall flat on your face. By arming yourself with the Word, you are giving yourself the upper hand. The Word of God sustains life and brings obedience (17), it is truth (18), it offers guidance (19), it blesses us (21) and it grants us wisdom (24). Have you armed yourself with the Word of God lately?
“Lord God surely you desire truth in my innermost parts. You teach me wisdom in the inmost places Please expose to me the deeply embedded lies I’ve believed and help me replace them with the permanently engraved truth. O God, send forth your light and your truth to my life. Let them guide me. Let them bring me to Your Holy Mountain, to the place where you dwell Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind for your love is ever before me and I desire to walk continually in your truth. In Jesus name I pray. Amen” (see Psalm 26:2-3; Psalm 43:3; and Psalm 51:6)
No comments:
Post a Comment