
“How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have tried hard to find you— don’t let me wander from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. I praise you, O Lord; teach me your decrees. I have recited aloud all the regulations you have given us. I have rejoiced in your laws as much as in riches. I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways. I will delight in your decrees and not forget your word.” (Psalm 119:9-16)
The Word of God is powerful, I’ve said it before, but it is the truth. Knowing the word of God and having it available to combat the lies that Satan tries to trip us up with, enables us to be victorious. When you know the truth, it is much easier to recognize the lies when they come up. I have learned over the last few years that when a lie rears its ugly head, I have to renounce it right away and replace it with the truth found in the Word of God. Psalm 119:9-16 is about the importance of memorizing and meditating on God’s Word. In order to remain pure, it requires obedience to God and His Word. (vs 9) Obedience to God and His Word will be easier if you are continually seeking Him (vs 10), through reading His Word and hiding it in your hearts. (vs 11) It is also important to praise God for helping you to learn and grow in His Word. (vs 12) By continually repeating the Word of God out loud, you are not only helping yourself put it in your memory, but you are giving it more power than it would have if you were just reading it to yourself. (vs 13) Repeating the truth found in the Word and reflecting on it allows for you to arm yourself against the lies of the enemy. If you rejoice in the Word of God, study the Word of God, and delight in the Word of God, you will be victorious over the lies of the enemy. (14-16) All of these things are ways you can be obedient to God and to follow His Word. If you remember the truth, not only will it set you free, but you will be able to stand up against the lies that come your way. If you have nothing in your arsenal, when a lie comes your way, how will you stand up against it? The answer is, you can’t. It is imperitive to memorize and meditate on scripture for this very reason. Why not give yourself the upper hand? Arm yourself with the Word of God. You’ll be surprised how much easier it will be to stand up for the truth, if you know the truth.
Father God, thank you for your Word. Please help me to see all the lies I’ve been believing and help me to replace them with the truth found in your Word. Help me to hide that truth in my heart, to reflect on it, and to praise you for providing me with the truth all the days of my life. In Jesus Name, Amen.
The Word of God is powerful, I’ve said it before, but it is the truth. Knowing the word of God and having it available to combat the lies that Satan tries to trip us up with, enables us to be victorious. When you know the truth, it is much easier to recognize the lies when they come up. I have learned over the last few years that when a lie rears its ugly head, I have to renounce it right away and replace it with the truth found in the Word of God. Psalm 119:9-16 is about the importance of memorizing and meditating on God’s Word. In order to remain pure, it requires obedience to God and His Word. (vs 9) Obedience to God and His Word will be easier if you are continually seeking Him (vs 10), through reading His Word and hiding it in your hearts. (vs 11) It is also important to praise God for helping you to learn and grow in His Word. (vs 12) By continually repeating the Word of God out loud, you are not only helping yourself put it in your memory, but you are giving it more power than it would have if you were just reading it to yourself. (vs 13) Repeating the truth found in the Word and reflecting on it allows for you to arm yourself against the lies of the enemy. If you rejoice in the Word of God, study the Word of God, and delight in the Word of God, you will be victorious over the lies of the enemy. (14-16) All of these things are ways you can be obedient to God and to follow His Word. If you remember the truth, not only will it set you free, but you will be able to stand up against the lies that come your way. If you have nothing in your arsenal, when a lie comes your way, how will you stand up against it? The answer is, you can’t. It is imperitive to memorize and meditate on scripture for this very reason. Why not give yourself the upper hand? Arm yourself with the Word of God. You’ll be surprised how much easier it will be to stand up for the truth, if you know the truth.
Father God, thank you for your Word. Please help me to see all the lies I’ve been believing and help me to replace them with the truth found in your Word. Help me to hide that truth in my heart, to reflect on it, and to praise you for providing me with the truth all the days of my life. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment