Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Won't You Please Help Me?

I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
Psalm 121:1-2 NLT

"Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody! Help! Won't you please help me! Help me! Thinking of that song, "Help!", by The Beatles, just now, made me giggle. What makes me giggle is the fact that the song states that they want help, but they are very specific about who they would like to help them. Not just anybody... Now, I can recall several times in my life when I needed help. I can also recall several times when I still tried to do it all on my own, knowing full well that I did, indeed, need help. Psalm 121:1-2, acknowledges that help is available from God, the maker of heaven and earth. God is ready to listen to our cries for help! "In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." (Psalm 18:6) "Help me if you can, I'm feeling down!" He is the lifter of our heads, our encourager." But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high." (Psalm 3:3) "Help me get my feet back on the ground!" He holds us by his right hand and he will not let us slip. "He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters... You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping."(Psalm 18:16, 35-36) God is totally available for us all of the time. He hears our cries for help, every single one of them. I can't think of a better source of help, than the maker of heaven and earth! The only one who has the power and authority to help us all the time! Do you need help? God is waiting to listen.

No comments: