I lift my eyes to you,
O God, enthroned in heaven.
We keep looking to the Lord our God for his mercy,
just as servants keep their eyes on their master,
as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal.
(Psalm 123:1-2)
God is merciful. In my mind, there is no doubt about that. If it wasn't for his mercy on me a sinner, where would I be right now? Where would I be if I had listened to those lies that were telling me things no person should ever hear about themselves. If I had refused to cry out to the Lord to save me when overwhelmed with the hopelessness that had built up inside me for years, I am pretty sure that I would not be here right now. God's triumphant rescue; his hand stretched out to me offering new life. Not only life, but love. Love like I never knew could even exist for someone like me. God loves me. The creator of the universe loves me. He formed the mountains that I gaze at in wonder. He formed the waterfalls that take my breath away. He made every little thing I capture with my camera, and he formed me; insignificant in the eyes of the world, but a precious treasure to my Holy King. He thought of me long before I was born and long before I endured the pain and suffering I did as a child. He was with me, that has been made perfectly clear. He is with me and he always will be. God is merciful and all those things I said about myself, apply to you. He loves you. In fact, he's crazy about you. Your triumphant rescuer is waiting. Lift your eyes up to Him. New life is waiting. Love like you've never known is waiting. What are you waiting for?
O God, enthroned in heaven.
We keep looking to the Lord our God for his mercy,
just as servants keep their eyes on their master,
as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal.
(Psalm 123:1-2)
God is merciful. In my mind, there is no doubt about that. If it wasn't for his mercy on me a sinner, where would I be right now? Where would I be if I had listened to those lies that were telling me things no person should ever hear about themselves. If I had refused to cry out to the Lord to save me when overwhelmed with the hopelessness that had built up inside me for years, I am pretty sure that I would not be here right now. God's triumphant rescue; his hand stretched out to me offering new life. Not only life, but love. Love like I never knew could even exist for someone like me. God loves me. The creator of the universe loves me. He formed the mountains that I gaze at in wonder. He formed the waterfalls that take my breath away. He made every little thing I capture with my camera, and he formed me; insignificant in the eyes of the world, but a precious treasure to my Holy King. He thought of me long before I was born and long before I endured the pain and suffering I did as a child. He was with me, that has been made perfectly clear. He is with me and he always will be. God is merciful and all those things I said about myself, apply to you. He loves you. In fact, he's crazy about you. Your triumphant rescuer is waiting. Lift your eyes up to Him. New life is waiting. Love like you've never known is waiting. What are you waiting for?
No comments:
Post a Comment