
It is so very easy for us to say that we will remain faithful to God and hopeful in all circumstances when we are not in the midst of a storm. I can recall several times when I have even said that I would remain strong when the waters got rough. It’s a totally different story when you are in those rough waters struggling to keep your head above them. It’s a totally different story when you are caught in a storm that seems to last and last and LAST. I know this first hand. After three years of being caught in the same, seemingly endless, uphill battle I can honestly say that some days are good and some days are FAR from good. It is incredibly hard to remain encouraged when you are waiting, and waiting, and waiting for answers to prayers, or for something, anything, to go in a positive direction. It is hard to wait for the long, anticipated results. But you know what? God never said that following him would be easy. In fact he says the opposite! (Matthew 17:24-25) In Psalm 10, David finds himself in despair. He is discouraged because while he believed that God is in control, all-powerful, mighty to save him from his enemies, he is not seeing it yet! David was becoming restless! He longed to see the Lord in action. He knew the Lord was capable of destroying his enemies in an instant, but he hadn’t done so yet. How many of you have ever found yourself believing that God would take care of something, only to get discouraged when you didn’t see it when you wanted to see it.? Uh, yeah, I think that would be everyone. It doesn’t matter how many people tell you that God works on his own timing, you still want to see things happen right away, don’t you? I’m right there with you. It is hard! I have been learning over the past several months that trusting God with everything in your life is not a once and done event. It is a daily surrendering of your life, will, hopes, dreams, and future (and everything else) into the hands of God. After all, he is the one who is in control and he is the one who CAN swoop down and take care of things in an instant! YOU cannot! As much as you would like to have control over every tiny part of your life, do you really trust your sinful fallen self not to make a huge mistake? Why not place your trust in God who makes no mistakes. I mean really, he can’t! It’s not in his character to make mistakes. He is all-powerful, all knowing, and 100% perfect. Seriously, I think I would rather let him handle everything. Wouldn’t you?
“Lord you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people can no longer terrify them” Psalm 10:17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment