“How much more can I take, until my heart will break? How much more can I see, until I’m a shell of me? My heart aches from the pain. Oh, God I cry out your name!” Those are just some of the words that I penned to a song written when I was going through a difficult time in my life about three years ago. I felt as if my whole world was crumbling around me and I was clinging to God with all I had. In Psalm 13, David must have felt the same way. Until today, I didn’t realize the similarities between this song I wrote, crying out to God, and Psalm 13. It is interesting to see just how much David’s writing parallels my own. “O, Lord, how long will you forget me? How long will you look the other way? How long will I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand?” (1-2)
“Please save me from myself. I’m stuck inside my own Hell”, my song continues. “Turn and answer me, O Lord, my God! Return the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die” (3)
“I know you have a plan for me, so right here with you is where I’ll be. I’m holding on to you with everything I’ve got”, I continue. Like I mentioned earlier, I was holding on to God with everything I had, because at that time in my life, he was the only thing that was certain in my life. I knew that God had a wonderful plan for me, and even though it was hard, at times, to believe it. I was relying on him far more than I had before. I think David was doing the same thing. “But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me” (5-6)
I will be one of the first to admit that trusting God and praising him in the midst of difficult circumstances is definitely not easy, but God is always good and his plans always prevail over our own. God’s plans even prevail over the plans our enemies make against us. There is nothing in this world that can interfere with what God has planned for us. Where ever you are today and in whatever circumstances you may be facing, take some time to praise God for who he is and for what he is doing in you.
I think this verse is definitely worth repeating:
“But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me” (5-6)
No comments:
Post a Comment